Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend Getaway ...

So I have this country weekend quilt getaway goin' on here.  It is so peaceful and quiet.  I just love it!  The deer have been around very close to my front door and they don't even seem scared of people.  It is so awesome!  There is a little creek just down the hill and at night all you can hear are the crickets and frogs.

My sewing starts today.  I have the coffee brewing and my project for today is all set to go.

Sorry I won't be able to post pictures of anything until after I get back home, as I am using a computer that is here at my getaway place and isn't mine.

I was thinking last night about all of the quilt related things that are set to happen between now and the start of the holidays.  The very next happening coming up (after this weekend) is the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara.  Plans have already been made and I will be meeting up with friends at the show.  

The coffee pot just beeped that it was finished brewing.  Coffee is calling.  

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and are able to work on your quilt projects. 

3 comments:

Mar said...

enjoy! I'll be cleaning, ugh! much rather be listening to crickets!!

carol said...

Have fun!! I'm working hard on customer quilts in hopes of getting to quilt mine on Mon. See you soon!!!

Holly said...

I can close my eyes and see it. Hope you've had a great time.