Saturday, July 30, 2011

AHHHHH ... Quilt Travel ...

Been there, done that ...
Got the Tote Bag.
I made a quick dash (LOL - it's all relative, if you ask me) down to the Long Beach Int'l Quilt Festival. While there I saw a few friends ...

And even caught Christine at Make It University. Christine is such a talented quilter ...

I wonder how she will work this technique into a future quilt.


I also met up with Mel and got a copy of the new book she did with Mary Lou Weidman. What a fun book. I can't wait to sit down with a good cup of coffee and do some reading this weekend.

I picked up some little needles and a little needle case along with some other goodies. I will have to get a picture of that later.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

carol said...

That book looks interesting, I'll have to see if I can find a copy. Glad you had a good time. Nothing exciting quilty wise around here, well otherwise either!

Rebecca said...

I tried to go, but got stymied by traffic. I hope I can go on a bus next year!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Lucky you! Have never been there. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

CAROL said...

I was there too! My first time! It was SOO inspiring to a new quilter like me! Weren't the Baltimore Album quilts in the exhibit absolutely gorgeous?
Carol/Moorpark,CA

LizB said...

Wow! that looks like tons of fun and your work is great (your studio looks like mine : D - coffee cup and all!) You should put a "Follow Me" link on your site! Happy Quilting!!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla