Sunday, July 26, 2009

You know what they say ...

Early on Friday my neighbor, Rose, and I set off to the Long Beach International Quilt Festival. Excitement filled the air as we chatted in the car during the drive.

We arrived, did an early check in at our hotel and walked over to the Convention Center. Did I mention that excitement filled the air? Well, it was.


It was fantastic entering the show room … Robert Duval said it best …

I love the smell of fabric in the morning!

Ok, ok, maybe he smelled something else, but you know what I’m talking about.


The day was great. We had decided to take in the vendors on Friday, of course, and Saturday we would spend on the Quilt Exhibits. So far so good. Got to chat with a lot of people I knew. Did a bit of shopping and saw several projects that I thought would be fun to do.

The day was GREAT. We met with some of Rose’s friends in the evening and had fun talking, laughing and hearing stories of Rose and Marge’s antics.

Then early Saturday morning things took an unexpected turn. I had to go to the doctor for some emergency care. Nothing life threatening, but enough to have to change our plans for the day. So, we stopped to pick up the necessary medications and a couple of other med supplies. Another stop for something to eat and then on the road for the long drive home.

I was so disappointed not to be able to go back for the second day, but it couldn’t be helped. It was just one of those things.


But we did have a fantastic time on Friday and that is what's most important. Sometimes the good does come with the bad. You just have to make the best of it and move on. I think we did.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I hope that you're feeling better, Deb. I glad that you got to enjoy some of the show - enjoying every moment.

blushing rose said...

At least you got some joy out the the weekend event ... get better. TTFN~ Marydon

Anne said...

Hope you're feeling better now and at least you got to enjoy Friday. Pictures?